Old January 13th 08, 12:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Castiltex

Default Iexplorer does not open for general Users

Thanks. but no change. I get the same error that iexplorer.exe has stopped
working and Windows can check online for a solution. I turned Add-ons off
also from the control panel and no help. It still works for the Admin, but
not for others.
--
Charlie

"werefrog" wrote:

I had same problem with both XP and Vista. The problem is some add on, in my
case it was a PW Program.
Both work just fine when you load IE without add ons. If the problem stops,
then you will know it is a Ad don causing a conflick.
To start IE without "Add ons" copy the path below, go to
START,,,,RUN,,,,,and paste the command listed below and press enter:

I can guarantee your problem will be solved. Of couse if you want to ope IE
with Add ons you will have to load each Add on one at a time and see which
one is the problem.

"Castiltex" wrote:

Any user but the Administrator can not get IE7 to open. A Windows error
comes up saying, "iexplorer has stopped working". It give two options, 1)
CHECK ON-LINE (duh) OR 2) CLOSE THE PROGRAM.

I have tried the recommendations to turn off ADD-ONs, but no help ( all were
turned off). I suspect that this only affects the ADMINs setup, since you
can't open any USERs IE7.

When you open as a user, right click and select open as Administrator, it
says that iexplorer is an "Unidentified Publisher".

IE7 has been working for months, till Thur 1/10/08. If I can't get this
fixed, its back to XP!
--
Charlie