Old January 13th 08, 01:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Castiltex

Default Iexplorer does not open for general Users

I have Norton 2008. From another blog I read a suggestion of similar issues
to swap the Firewalls with Windows. I did this (turn Norton off; activated
Windows Firewall) & no help.

I checked the settings & iexplorer is on the exception list with the box
checked.

Thanks.
--
Charlie

"Dwarf" wrote:

Hi Castiltex,

What security software are you using? It sounds as though the firewall is
blocking the connection. You need to check the settings in your firewall
configuration page. Check that 'iexplore.exe' and 'WinMail.exe' are set to
'Always Allow' instead of 'Auto' (or the equivalent, depending on your
firewall).
Dwarf

"Castiltex" wrote:

Any user but the Administrator can not get IE7 to open. A Windows error
comes up saying, "iexplorer has stopped working". It give two options, 1)
CHECK ON-LINE (duh) OR 2) CLOSE THE PROGRAM.

I have tried the recommendations to turn off ADD-ONs, but no help ( all were
turned off). I suspect that this only affects the ADMINs setup, since you
can't open any USERs IE7.

When you open as a user, right click and select open as Administrator, it
says that iexplorer is an "Unidentified Publisher".

IE7 has been working for months, till Thur 1/10/08. If I can't get this
fixed, its back to XP!
--
Charlie