Outlook Express on Vista or Windows Mail on XP

Old November 20th 06, 12:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Steve Cochran

Default Outlook Express on Vista or Windows Mail on XP

No.

"Dr. Heywood Floyd" wrote in message
Does Vista have a compatibility mode that OE may run under?

Tom Ziegmann wrote:
You cannot run Windows Mail on XP or OE on Vista. They are two different
applications that use 2 different runtimes to work. The only thing to do
would be to use a program like Thunderbird that will work on both.

Old November 20th 06, 12:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Steve Cochran

Default Outlook Express on Vista?

The only way you might get this to work would be to run Virtual PC in Vista
and then install XP or another downlevel OS that supports OE. You won't be
able to run OE in Vista itself.

An alternative might be WLMD, which will install in both XP and Vista and
you should be able to share its message store between the OSs. If you can
stand WLMD.

steve

"**__Mike__**" wrote in message
Nero,

I'm not sure if you misssed who I was replying to or what??? My comment
was directed at mik who wrote:

"for what stupid reason? In Windows Vista you have Windows Mail that's
better
than OE"

when the reason for doing it was included in the original post. It was not
(and would never) call people who provided constructive input stupid, even
if it was clear they did not understand what was being discussed.

I have no desire to share a store between the two programs, that obviously
would not work for the reasons you restated. My goal is to get one of the
programs to run in both OS's and then have the same program use a common
store on both OS's. Anyway, I believe I am close to getting OE to work in
compatibiliy mode for Win98 under Vista. I'll post back here with results
if/when I get it working.

-Mike