Old February 1st 08, 09:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
xp-vista-xp

Default Can't dual boot back to xp need help

you guys keeep saying use partition magic 8 to make your partitions then laod
vista my experience with partition magic is vista will not let it run propely
saying the whole partition is "bad" and can only do one thing-delete! yet if
i then load xp from a disk it sees the 3 partitions that are there and I can
put in onto the second partition (vista on first) and xp will now work and I
can see all the aprtitions but cannot get it to dual boot i can either have
vista or xp not both and xp I cannot find all the drivers for it (toshiba
A200) OEm preloaded vista home---help!!!

"BillyJoeBobbyBob" wrote:

I had the same problem as Boomer. I will try again with PM 8. I had a feeling
I was going to lose the dual boot. Not that big of a deal, just the loss of
time :-/ Thats why its a hobby and not a big deal. Anyway thanks for the
hot tip.
--
system:
AMD 64 3000, MSI k8t Neo,1.5 gig RAM, WD Raptor SATA 74G HD, eVGA 6800 GT,

"John Lund" wrote:

You should use 3rd party partitioning software--I used partition magic 8. I
think your problem is that you need to create 2 PRIMARY partitions. From
within xp I opened PM and made a new 20 gig partition and made it primary, I
named it "V" for vista. Was able to choose the new 20 gig partition during
install and am now able to dual boot w/out problems.

"boomer" wrote:

Ok last night i made a Partion for xp & vista but now when i go to disk
management and try an make my xp Partion active , i can't shows the
Partion but says unknown Partion..