Old February 3rd 08, 03:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Joel

Default Can't play an AVI file in Vista with WMP11

I installed this codecs package in winxp pro and had no ill results and
support for about every conceivable codecs except "Indeo" which I had in XP
at one point but upon updating Indeo no longer offered the codecs "free" so I
didnt get any further, I do use WMP 11 in xppro and after the vista codecs
and being unable to purchase the new Indeo drivers I thought I would have
problems but I can play every video format save for indeo, which I learned
quickly to live without, I have Vista Business on a second computer of mine,
but havent had enough experience at the keyboard to make any judgements
except all my some 60 gigs of video's that all seem to play great in vista
both on the LAN and local Vista, hope this offers some help

"John Inzer" wrote:

bartman wrote:
This file will open and play in MS Player 10 with XP, but not in
version 11 with Vista. Gspot told me no codec was required, but this
can't be the case. I get a black screen. I assume the audio works,
but since these are silent files I only speculate on this since the
time bar moves.

Vista seems to be missing the ATI YUV9 codecs, but why are they there
in version 10 and not 11? If this is indeed the problem where do I
get the proper codec for Vista to handle this code as reported by
Gspot?

Any ideas would be appreciated. I need these files.

Thanks.

Bart

===========================
Maybe the following codec package