Old November 29th 06, 05:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Robert Moir

Default computer hardware and network setup

wrote:
Hmmmmm.. I'm interested in this now. That's twice I've heard of this
recommendation, but I am interested in the ups and downs of intel
core2 duo over AMD 64x2 5000+... Which model of INtel Core2Duo would
be ATELAST equivalent to the 64x2 5000+? And what are the pros and
cons of each model compared to the other? Thanks in advance.

Rather than spend a lot of time typing my thoughts here, which would just be
my opinion, I'm going to link to some of the sites and material I used to
form that opinion. I will say that pretty much the only thing it shares with
the Pentium 4 is the manufacturers name on the box. Runs much faster,
cooler, quieter and more energy efficient than any other performance chips
I've seen for a while.

I've got a E6400 (not quite entry level) chip in my current setup and I'm
very very pleased with how it performs. On some benchmarks, even that
outperforms the X2 5000+ though not by much. Rather than argue about minor
error points in benchmarks, I will say that on comparison shopping I appear
to have got performance broadly equal to the X2 5000 for about £50 ($95
USD?) less. I call that a good day at the office.

http://tomshardware.co.uk/2006/07/14...uk/page12.html

http://www.trustedreviews.com/cpu-me...E6700-X6800/p1

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets...oc.aspx?i=2795

http://www.guru3d.com/article/processor/370/