Old November 29th 06, 12:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
[email protected]

Default computer hardware and network setup

Nevermind. I've made my processor choice... I just need one more person's
opinion on the orginial question (I'm trying to prove a point to someone that
option b is better, and they wont seem to belie ANYONE until they get SEVERAL
opinions on the subject.)

With vista, if I a to have a home network wiht three computers, file charing
and internet sharing, which setup would you recomend based on the hardware
styles:

a) an older desktop, 900mhz amd athlon with less than 512mb of RAM as the
main "hub" of the network, with 2 laptops that BLOW IT AWAY in everything
(memory, speed, size), but still have the desktop as the main "family
computer or

b) a top of the line AMD 64x2, with 2GB of RAM as the main "hub" of the
network, (famliy computer again), with the older desktp and a poweful laptop
(1.8GHZ turion 64 with 1GB of ram) sharing files and folders THROUGH the
powerful one.

By hub, I assume you know what I mean (its a very general term Im trying ot
use here)... I'm trying to say that it is the only one that will be WIRED to
the network, and it is the one in the office of the house.

Thanks in advacne for oyur opinion.