Old February 17th 08, 08:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
dbknox[_16_]

Default Vista will not show jpeg thumbnails, Help!!

unfortunately that method does not work for me

also, my files do not end with .jpeg, .gif, .avi, .wmv etc when viewing
as thumbnails

If I am understanding you correctly you do not see the file extensions
in your folders. If this is the case, open the folder, click on "tools'
scroll down to " folder options" then click on the view tab in folder
options and uncheck
" hide extensions for known file types" then click on apply and ok. My
apoligies if you already are aware of this.
I am also wondering if you have "always show icons and never thumnails"
checked in the above mentioned folder options.
Good luck.
Let us know how you make out.

--
dbknox