Old February 27th 08, 08:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
The song of missing device in Vista..

Default DVD drive not recognized -320553art/reg fix dosent work....

2/27/2008 I have a hard time with windows vista utimate.
A clean installed OK with DVD and C:..Then the worst came following the hook
up
the other two old Hard drives ( with full Data on them) and do a bit over
clock on the core voltage..System hang! rebooted it come back to life and
surrpricingly GO fast,but NO DVD. I tried to restore the old set up but fail
to see my dvd again. It's still functioning in physical ( open.close..) But
now I could not see it on the screen. I put the second one and rebooted,
still not OK. After trying so many way NO success..
Please any one give some help.
My system: CPU Intel Q6600,MB Abit P35 pro,RAM infinity 4GB,C: SATA2 500GB
Hitachi brand new, PSU 850w,Vista Utimate new,DVD Asus SATA interface, DVD2
liteonlightscrite.that all.
I have trying hard for two weeks but NO LUCK! sorry..Oh! my
vista..vista..the song of go forward..Darling

"Carlos" wrote:

Hi,
This is the usual recommended kb for fixing this issue:
If that doesn't work, try a system restore to date when your DVD drive was
still working and/or not missing.
I had to resort to system restore once because none of the known spells,
sorcery, alchemy would work.
Carlos

"gkeuler" wrote:

my dvd drive has also gone missing on my vista home 32, im sure its the
same type of problem that most people are suffering, worked fine,
installed itunes hooked up ipod, download daemon tools etc, then it
stopped being recognized, not sure when exactly it all went wrong, but
the drive still opens spins does all that but just wont show up in disk
mangement, device manager or my computer.

I used the MS ART - 320553 registry fix and deleted the filters, but to
no avail, anyone have any other solutions??

--
gkeuler