Old February 29th 08, 09:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Default Spooler SubSystem App

You will need to delete the drivers corrupting the spooler memory. Be sure
to launch any driver uninstall utilities as administrator. When the spooler
won't run long enough to delete the drivers, you'll need to remove the
drivers from the registry so the spooler will not load them and terminate.

If you are experiencing a spooler service failure with drivers that are
included in Vista please give the driver name.

thanks

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"sawdustar" wrote in message

Looks like there are MANY of us with the very same problem. I've been
researching this "little" issue and it appears to be effecting HUNDREDS
of Vista users causing tempers to flair and the demand for a Mac to be
in the increase.

I'm having the exact same problem. Spooler SubSystem App has
Stopped...blah, blah, blah.....This never happened with XP. How can
something so simple become so broken?? :sarc:

One would think that Microsoft would deeply research this very issue
and post its resolution so the fix can be spread amongst the customer
base and bring happiness once again to the user community. I for one,
would LOVE to have this little problem solved....AND....to be able to
easily share a printer with my kids new desktop machine running Vista
Home Premium. Printer Sharing was a LOT easier with XP Pro. Whatever
country got the job to write the code for the print part of Vista,
didn't get their homework done on time.
Now there's just hundreds of Vista customers that are getting fed up
with this type of problem.

I have new computers, mine and my kids PC. Dell machines, 4GB of
memory, 2.1GHz Dual Core, 500GB Raid....only difference is I'm running
Vista Business (32 bit) and they are running Vista Home Premium.

So......how about a solution to this problem? Please??

--
sawdustar