RC1 does not mount one of three disk drives

Old October 5th 06, 03:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Jacob Levanon

Default RC1 does not mount one of three disk drives

Sorry, - your recommendation did not work. I am now experimenting with a few
disk recovery software utilities. I am running in demo mode and trying to
determine which one to purchase. Those seem to have no problem finding the
disk and the files on it.

Thank you for asking.

-jl

"Intel Inside" REMOVETHISBIT@com wrote in message
Jacob, Did the steps I recommended work?

"Jacob Levanon" wrote in message
I am running RC1 build 5600
-jell

"Harald Andersen" wrote in message

"Jacob Levanon"
wrote in message
news
snip..
Virtual Disk Service error:
The dynamic disks are not supported by this operating system.

What version of RC1 are you running ?
In XP, Home did not support dynamic disks, only Pro.

/HC

Old October 5th 06, 03:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Jacob Levanon

"Harald Andersen" wrote in message

"Jacob Levanon"
wrote in message ...
I am running RC1 build 5600
-jell

Hi Jacob.
It would be nice if you answered under, not over :-)

As I asked, what version, not build, are you running ?
Are you running Ultimate, or do you run one of the other various
versions of RC1 b.5600 ?

/HC

Looks like I have the Home Premium Edition. Should I get thew Ultimate? How
do I get it?

-jl

Old October 5th 06, 07:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Harald Andersen

"Jacob Levanon" '¨
wrote in message ...

Looks like I have the Home Premium Edition. Should I get thew
Ultimate? How do I get it?

-jl

If Vista treat's dynamic disks the same way as XP,
you may not be able to use any of the Home versions.
I have been usinng Google, but have yet to come up with an answer,
I suggest you try yourself, unless someone in this newsgroup knows
the answer to the Q :
Does Windows Vista Home Premium support Dynamic Disks ?

Should you get the Ultimate ? Actually, you have it :-)
The DVD comes with all the different versions,
and you install the one you have a key for.

Anyone who got their copy through the CPP program,
was given a Ultimate key, so that the only one I have tried so far.
Where did you get your Home Premium key from ?

/HC