Old March 19th 08, 09:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
Thad Student

Default Allowing trusted programs through UAC

Is it possible to "re-write" the application using the Microsoft Application
Compatibility Toolkit? Or is this tool for something different altogether?

"P. Di Stolfo" wrote:

Hello,

on 03/13, Jeff Smith from Microsoft said:

"Unfortunately, no. There's no way to white-list specific applications.

(If this were possible, there would be sneaky ways that evil programs could
ride on the coattails of the good applications)."

So I don't think it's possible without re-writing the application.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
--
Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo

"Thad Student" wrote in message
news
Is there a way to allow a trusted program through the user account control
without asking for permission every time? I log into my laptop as an
administrator and there is one program that needs consent through the user
account control in order to run.

The program is Cisco Clean Access Agent. The geek squad at my school
installed it so I can log onto the school's wireless network with my
laptop.

This program is initiated through the Start Menu | Startup folder. I can't
see why this shouldn't be possible because there are about 10 other
programs
starting when I log on (including some from the startup menu), and the
Cisco
app is the only one asking for permission.