Old March 20th 08, 07:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
Brink

Default Allowing trusted programs through UAC

Thad Student;653434 Wrote:
Is there a way to allow a trusted program through the user account
control
without asking for permission every time? I log into my laptop as an
administrator and there is one program that needs consent through the
user
account control in order to run.

The program is Cisco Clean Access Agent. The geek squad at my school
installed it so I can log onto the school's wireless network with my
laptop.

This program is initiated through the Start Menu | Startup folder. I
can't
see why this shouldn't be possible because there are about 10 other
programs
starting when I log on (including some from the startup menu), and the
Cisco
app is the only one asking for permission.

Olivier;654001 Wrote:
Maybe you could try to start it using the schedduler instead of the
startup
folder (rights are not the same)

regards
--
Olivier

Thank you for the reminder Olivier.

Thad Student,

Under Option One, Method Two will show you how to have that program
startup with Vista using Task Scheduler instead to bypass UAC.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/79...e-disable.html

Shawn

--
Brink