Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Queries, comments and issues relating to the administration of Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)

Yahoo Messenger 8 and Vista RC1

Old September 9th 06, 02:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
Chris

Default Yahoo Messenger 8 and Vista RC1

I have an issue with Yahoo Messenger 8 and RC1. YM install just fine and
works when logged on as administrator. When a Standard User or Power User
logs on, Yahoo gets an error and closes. (See Below) As soon as I make that
account Administrator it works.

Anyone have an idea on what might cause this?
Thanks, Chris

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 9/9/2006 9:28:32 AM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Faulting application YahooMessenger.exe, version 8.0.0.711, time stamp
0x44f4fd5d, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 6.0.5600.16384, time stamp
0x44f55882, exception code 0x80000003, fault offset 0x00049fb8, process id
0x1494, application start time 0x01c6d41c332cf6dc.
Event Xml:
Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"
System
Provider Name="Application Error" /
EventID Qualifiers="49152"1000/EventID
Level2/Level
Task100/Task
Keywords0x80000000000000/Keywords
TimeCreated SystemTime="2006-09-09T14:28:32.000Z" /
EventRecordID719/EventRecordID
ChannelApplication/Channel
ComputerGajedy/Computer
Security /