Old March 24th 08, 05:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
SusanV[_2_]

Default Ghost sounds

Thank you for your suggestions. I went through Task Manager and could not
identify which process was the problem. Today I had a call from Dell on
another
matter, and when I complained about the sounds, and then found out that the
software is still under warranty (2 days left!) I called the Dell Tech
Service back.
They viewed my computer via their online service, and informed me that my
'ghost' sounds are not extraneous, but a part of the Dell sound card telling
me
that I have connected with a Web site. Odd, huh? Anyway, now that I know the
sounds are not a piece of malware stuck in the sound card, I can ignore the
whole issue. I just find it odd that the sounds are so intermittent. Thanks
again. Susan

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

You should be able to kill the process with Task Manager. It may be a
poorly written file from the website.

"SusanV" wrote in message
I have extraneous sounds left over from viewing a Web page video. I have
done all the anti-virus/Spybot/reset Internet Explorer tricks that I can
think of.
Brand new Dell came with Vista. Ignore it? Or anyone have hints for fixing
the sound card?