CDs not loading-no error message

Old July 13th 07, 03:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Bowe

Default CDs not loading-no error message

Sure call over and ill make u tea and you can fix it for me. The filter
didnt do anything. Either did uninstalling Nero and installing the newer
version. Any other ideas????

"freddy" wrote:

Bowe,

Did removing the filter fix the problem? That's all that matters. You
might also have to uninstall Nero. You're in the best position to tell. I'm
toooo far away.
--
freddy

"Bowe" wrote:

Just after following the instructions (properly this time). I have gotten rid
of the upper filters but there are no lower filters

"freddy" wrote:

Bowe,

In case the burner program that you are using is causing a problem for you,
here are links to three burners that people who have used them say work well
with Vista:

http://www.imgburn.com/

http://www.deepburner.com/

http://www.ashampoo.com/frontend/hom...ssion_langid=2

I obtained those references from another forum. I've not used any of them.
Each one has a free version and a more fully featured pay version. Some
versions of Nero and/or Roxio, and even the iPod associated burner, have been
known to disable CD/DVD-ROM drives. You can uninstall Nero first. Just for
your information and consideration.

--
freddy

"Bowe" wrote:

I already did the uninstall and re booting but it doesnt appear to have done
anything
I have noticed that there is a picture of a lock on the icon. Im completly
new to vista (hate it personally-prefer xp) What can i do with Nero to try
and help repair my problem
"freddy" wrote:

Bowe,

One other step I neglected to mention: In Device Manager, under the
Properties for the drive, select to Uninstall it, and then reboot. The idea
is to force Windows to detect and reinstall the drive when it reboots.
Sometimes that step fixes problems that one didn't even know was there. Post
back on results.
--
freddy

"Bowe" wrote:

Hi,
I have recently bought a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Si 1520 and it already had
Vista installed on it and was set up to go and all. I have been using the cd
driver regularlly and have not had an ounce of trouble with it. Today it
stopped working..... I have used a lens cleaned, the device manager says its
fine and working perfectly but when i put in a cd it doesnt seem to load.
When i go to my computer to load it it ejects the cd saying "insert cd". Can
spmebody please help me.
Regards
David

Old July 13th 07, 03:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
freddy

Bowe,

At this time, I have only two suggestions. First, take another look in
registry, following the Microsoft article, to confirm that no upper and/or
lower filters reemerged. If they did, remove any or all.

Second, try removing the drive again in Device Manager and rebooting, just
as as shot in the dark step.

What newer burner version did you install? Also, is that lock still showing
on the icon that you spoke of before? That lock means you're locked out!
Something is locking you out, and I proceeding on the theory that it's Nero,
but it also could be the iPod burner. What else do you have installed that
does burner functions. The more information the better. For example, what
are the symptoms of a problem that you now see?
--
freddy

Old July 13th 07, 04:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Bowe

The Nero icon has disapeared completly so im guessing that i havent installed
to new version properly. It Nero 7.something. The driver shut down when i was
importing a cd into i tunes so it might have something to do with i tunes as
u said.

Old July 13th 07, 04:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
freddy

Bowe,

OK, uninstall both Nero and iTunes (you can always install the later) in
order to get your drive up and running. Once the CD/DVD-ROM drive is
working, then decide how to proceed with the burner applications. Don't jump
the gun. If these are causing a problem, I'd consider some alternatives.

Before you do that, revisit the registry and remove those filters. In case
you don't find any, here is an earlier (than the previous one I posted)
Microsoft article describing how to remove upper and lower filters, in case
it identifies filters different than does the previous article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320553/

If you find any, remove them. I don't know whether this article has
anything different or not.
--
freddy