Old April 1st 08, 03:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Guest

Default Mail

'POP3' is an invalid server name, although it is valid as a protocol. The
proper server names depend on which email provider you are using.
Many people choose their internet provider as their email provider also,
since most internet accounts include one or more email accounts.

If you want to use yahoo.com as your email provider under Windows
Mail, you have to either pay extra or install YPOPs.

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mai...op/pop-35.html

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mai...op/pop-08.html

http://ypopsemail.com/

If you'd rather use another email provider, tell us which one and we'll
check
if we already know where to find their instructions.

"cojhughes" wrote in message
I'm getting the same thing. Here is what I got:

The host 'POP3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered
the
server name correctly.
Subject 'Arrival and Departure TIMES are wrong???', Account: 'POP3',
Server: 'POP3', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:
11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

I know nothing about setting up email, just use yahoo for all that stuff.
--
John Hughes

"T" wrote:

I am able to receive e-mail but cannot send anything. When I try to send
e-mail, it gets sent to my out box. I am using windows mail. Anyone
have
suggestions on how to fix this