change ink cartridges

Old July 26th 07, 11:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Diana

Default change ink cartridges

Thank you for the link, I had my son look at it, and he said he didn't know
where you found it, but it worked, and you really know your business, he is
an IT, and knows what he's talking about, I was a little discouraged when I
was getting canned responses from other people in the discussion! Mahalo
(Thank you) again!
Maui, Hawaii

"huwyngr" wrote:

Try using the XP software package:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...softwareitem=m
p-23606-2&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=306888&os=228&lang= en

HP Full Feature software/driver: No Network Support

08-2004 4.2.0 - 364.59M

Use the Download only button and not the Install button and use Save if
asked, not Run.

Make a note of where the software downloads to on your PC (you may want
to make a folder, say: HP PSC 1350 in view of all the downloadable
items.

When it's downloaded, turn off the printer and unplug it from the line
socket and unplug the USB cble from the PC.

Go to Start / Settings / Printers and delete and icons there for the
printer and go to Fax and Scan and delete any there as well and reboot
the PC.

Then Right Mouse click on the downoaded file name and select the
Compatibility TAB. Set it to XP with SP2 and check the Run as
Administrator line and OK your way out.

When told to, or after [Finish], plug in the power and turn on the
printer and plug the USB cable into the printer and the PC and it
should install the printer with the HP software not the one in VISTA.

You may have to also install the

HP Photosmart Essential Software for Photo Editing, Printing, and
Sharing

in the same way -- Download, Save, Right mouse click etc but you can
leave the printer connected.

Note that at the XP page for your PSC there are a bunch of updates for
various bugs so install those as well.

Hope that helps -- it may not help but I am finding that XP software is
running fine under VISTA as often as not. However you may find that you
cannot use VISTA specific utilities like Fax or Scan within VISTA but
can do those things using the HP software.

Old July 27th 07, 01:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
huwyngr

That's good news! Did you have to install the Photosmart software also?
Or was the driver enough?

I've been doing technical support on Compuserve for some 20 years now
g and I was a memeber of TeamHP when HP ran their own support forum
there.

Plus I'm fairly good at searching and know pretty well how the HP
website is arranged. It helps that I have a very old HP SJ5P scanner
that came out in the WIN3 or WIN95 days and that I've been able to get
working on all subsequent versions of WIndows including VISTA and I
have an HP LJ2300d laser printer and a HP PS 8250 inkjet printer .....

I've had two delightful long weekends on Maui back in the 70's/80's
when I was on round the world trips and needed a break and loved the
Kaanapali Beach area. We'd like to go back but it's a long long flight
from Florida g

Old July 27th 07, 02:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Diana

It's nice to know that someone out there cares about those of us who are not
that computer literate, and that they take the time to help out. My husband
and I have a property management company and rent condos to those who want to
visit our beautiful island. Actually, we just sold it to Dave Yaffe who has
the same passion we had when we owned it. We are getting set to retire, and
wanted it to be owned by someone who would care about it, and we think Dave
will. The web site is www.mauiresortrentals.net if you want to take a look
at it, and if your'e interested in revisiting Maui, they can help you with
your arrangements through the web site. Thanks again for the help with my HP
printer, I really appreciate it.
--
Maui, Hawaii

Old July 27th 07, 09:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
huwyngr

Thanks for the link that I've bookmarked, hopefully g Enjoy your
retirement!