Old April 29th 08, 03:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Andy [YaYa]

Default Game Cheat Console

=?Utf-8?B?R3JldHpraQ==?= wrote in
:

I can't open the game console with "~" for any game. When I was using
XP that was not a problem. But what happens now? And I don't wanna
hear stuff like "we don't support cheats" bla bla bla... windows vista
interferes with the programming of a game. I'm really annoyed about
this. I tried any other key but nothing. Is vista missing something?

Depends on the game. In Source games there's an option to enable the
console in the in-game options, (Look for an Advanced... button somewhere)
I think you can also pass -console to the program you're running. Right
click on the game in Steam there should be an option to add command line
parameters to the game launch.

It's not really a "Game Cheat Console". If you called it the "Game
Console" maybe less people would accuse you of cheating. I use the console
for running/testing maps, so if anything it's more of a "Debug Console".

--
-A.