Old May 1st 08, 08:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
John Lagree[_2_]

Default Memory Problems!!!!!!!!!!!

I built this computer about a year ago. I installed Vista Home Premium
64 bit along with 4x1 gig sticks of dual sided RAM. Vista memory test
said that everything was good. Recently I`ve been getting an error
message telling me that the Superfetch has stopped working. This usually
happens while running memory intensive programs. I checked out
Superfetch and it was set to Start and Automatic. I did another memory
test with Vista memory test tool and this time it tells me that I have a
hardware problem. At the end of the test it is supposed to reboot and
give me a detail list of the errors but instead I get another error
message telling me that "windows has failed to start put in the
installation disk and use the repair option." When I try to repair with
the disk it tells me that I should remove A recent USB device that I
have on my computer such as a music player. The only USB devices I have
connected to the computer is my keyboard, mouse and printer. I use the
computer to charge my ipod but I have long since removed it. I don`t
know what to do. I tried swapping out each individual stick of RAM and
running the memory test but I get the same results. All of the sticks
can`t be bad can they? I reinstallled the motherboard drivers. Same
results. Vista also keeps telling me that I need to activate. I
activated 4 times already. The activation was successful but Vista just
keeps asking me to activate. I have`nt made any major hardware changes
except for swapping the memory to do the tests. Please help. Your time
is greatly appreciated.
P.S. Other memory tests say that the memory is fine.

--
John Lagree