Old May 3rd 08, 03:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Glen[_4_]

Default Users are unable to change domain password

For my money, downgrade vista to xp and avoid vista like it is the black
plague. No vista machine is going on my network if I can help it.

"Kevin M" wrote in message
Hi, can anyone point me in the right direction. Our network is 2003 AD
with
XP clients and about 120 vista enterprise machines. When you try to change
your domain password on a vista box is tells you the username or password
are
incorrect, doing the same on XP machine is fine.

We have another seperate 2003 AD network using the same Vista image, here
we
have no problem.

Everyone group would appear to have change password permissions, like I
say
all on XP is fine but not Vista on this AD. We have update to SP1 on
Vista,
no change and Group Policy looks fine.

Thanks

Kevin