Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

New Games

Old November 10th 06, 10:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
sean_mcad

Default New Games

Any word or website on games scheduled to be released after Vista offical
release and designed specifically for Vista?

And I am not asking about Solitare here...
and...
I do understand I am asking about information that is hard to find given
that the gaming industry usually doesnt give pre-release information out that
often.
Old November 10th 06, 11:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

I doubt there is such a site unless someone familiar with Vista has made it.
Such a list could cover almost countless games from almost as many game
manufacturers.
Try going to the sites that make the games you like and see what they have
to say about Vista and their games.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

Old November 11th 06, 11:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Cy!on

"sean_mcad" wrote in message
Any word or website on games scheduled to be released after Vista offical
release and designed specifically for Vista?

And I am not asking about Solitare here...
and...
I do understand I am asking about information that is hard to find given
that the gaming industry usually doesnt give pre-release information out
that
often.

Halo 2 is being written specifically for Vista. Much to the upset of a lot
of the Halo PC community who say they can't afford it/won't get it, etc....

Old November 16th 06, 09:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Brad Wardell

"sean_mcad" wrote in message
Any word or website on games scheduled to be released after Vista offical
release and designed specifically for Vista?

And I am not asking about Solitare here...
and...
I do understand I am asking about information that is hard to find given
that the gaming industry usually doesnt give pre-release information out
that
often.

I assume you're referring to DirectX 10 based games? Or would games that
work on XP but take advantage of some elements of Vista in other ways count
too?

Microsoft is using Halo 2 as an example of Vista gaming, it will be using
DirectX 10.

Brad

Old November 19th 06, 06:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Dale \Mad_Murdock\ White

Microsoft is using Halo 2 as an example of Vista gaming, it will be using
DirectX 10.

Actually, accoring to a PCgamer article, Halo 2 for the PC is actually a DX9
game. Bottom left of page 51, tells the story

"Because it looks so nice at this high resolution people assume [Hal0 2] is
a DX10 game, but actually, it's not, I think DX 9 still has some life in it,
as far as or game is concerned"