Old May 5th 08, 10:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Colin Barnhorst[_2_]

Default MS Trackball Explorer 1.0 - Windows Vista Ultimate

Are you using it in a usb port or PS/2 port? Where did you get a Vista
driver?

"Largo" wrote in message

I've got a peculiar problem with my new PC (Vista Home Premium) that
I've purchased from DELL. To be more precise, it's my 4 years old
Trackball Optical that causes me headakes. It slows down the whole
starting process up to 5 minutes until I'm able to log in.

It took me some time to find out that it actually is this piece of
hardware that causes the slowing down of the system. If I use the DELL
mouse that has been enclosed to the whole delivery, there hasn't been
any problems at all. - But I dodn't like the way it works. So, before I
parted from my Trackball, I thought, I keep it and connect it to the
computer.

I have no clue what I could do to solve the problem, or, first of all,
where the problem could be found.

I've downloaded the correct driver for my Trackball Opitcal that should
be fine with my Vista version. I've installed it before I've connected
the hardware. But as soon as I do connect it and make a restart, it
takes ages until I'm able to log in.

Any help would be most welcome. Thank you!

--
Largo