Old May 24th 08, 09:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dustin Harper

Default vista is horribly slow today after cleaning my cpu fan.

Did you remove the heatsink to clean the fan? If so, you may check to make
sure it is seated against the CPU perfect, as well as put a new layer of
thermal grease on it, too. The P4's slow down when they get too hot, and
after cleaning the fan, it sounds like that may be the problem.

--

Dustin Harper

Was this helpful? Then click the Ratings button. Voting helps the web
interface.
http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales...eAPostAsAnswer

"abudahim" wrote in message ...
hi
today i cleaned my cpu fan (wish i didn't) , after i put everything in its
place, i run my machine and it started slowly.
also the games that was running fine now it runs very slow and i can't
play it.
my base score is the same (4.3). i dont know what is wrong ?
any ideas ?
thank you

i forgot to tell you that my processor is pentuim 4. and my VGA is nvidia
8800 GTS.
and downloaded the latest drivers but nothing changed.