Old June 7th 08, 02:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Charlie Tame

Default Address Books and Contact Lists

Well the short answer is possibly yes.

If you have programs on your PC they may have import export functions,
you export from one system into a file and then import that file on the
target system CSV, comma separated values is a common format for that file.

Whether you can do this from your provider's server or not depends on a
lot of things. In short, it may be easier to just type in.

GRITSandSLUTS wrote:
IP - for me means "Internet Provider". I've already had one 'smart' remark
made to me this morning. My Question was...do I have to type my address
book/contacts into EACH and every email program I have. If so...just say
"Yes"; if NOT and you aren't willing to 'provide me with instructions' -
don't bother writing. I have this 'windowshelp.microsoft.com on my
computer...with the hope that I DON'T HAVE TO 'TALK' and maybe even 'chat'
with people who have no patience to try to help me 'understand' something
that I obviousl DON'T. I'll just type the addresses into each...that way I
won't have to 'bother' those on this [whatever] who think they are so damn
superior...I'll tell you like I told the LAST guy...Don't like the fact that
I've posted and supposedly it has been 'explained OVER AND OVER' - then maybe
I am looking in the wrong place. Rudeness, is NOT something that I 'take to
kindly'; and I can be 'just as rude' back! This is 'someplace' that I am
'supposed' to be able to 'go into' and have 'questions' answered...but it
seems as if it isn't meant for a novice. I've 'typed' on computers for 27
years...but my experience with Microsoft VISTA and Dell (the manufacturer of
the computer I use) don't CARE if you understand it or not! When I bought my
1st computer, the salesman didn't even 'bother' to 'listen' to what I wanted
or needed. It took 3 computers being sent to me, in order to get one that
'worked' properly; but I'll never deal with DELL again. But it seems that
VISTA is 'out there, forced on the unsuspecting public, because Bill Gates
and 'his' crew wanted to be the 1st to put out a 'Walk On Water, Kick Ass'
operating system. It does NOT walkl on water, but it certainly has "KICKED
ASS", otherwise...why would THIS program be necessary? Sorry I am taking my
frustration of what the 'previous' response to my question was...but it seems
the 'only way' to have all my contacts is to type them into each and every
email program. But "thanks" anyway.