Old June 7th 08, 08:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Dave

Default Vista SP1 removed the Search shortcut from the Start Panel

Hi Donald !

If you don't like my idea please don't use it ! I only posted it for people
who missed the search link and did not want to lose other buttons. I took the
time to share my knowledge of computers to benefit others. This procedure is
easy and requires no registry modification. It does not reduce the
preformance of the os in any way since explorer.exe scripts and internal
commands will be the same thus having no undesired affects. The only
difference between the old and new explorer file is the search link and this
is due to Google's anti-trust suit against Microsoft. This simple and easy
fix is completely safe and I never post an idea unless I have thoroughly
tested it my self. Try this to retain the full functionality of you Vista
W/SP1. You will be amazed at the result !