Old June 10th 08, 11:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Nonny

Default External USB hub not working

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 01:06:29 +0200, "Marcus"
wrote:

I have some troubles with my new USB 2 "high speed" hub

( http://tinyurl.com/5ql9xn )

that is, once installed I was getting some errors about removing connected
devices 'cause I could get better performance on a USB 2 port....

huh? How could it be? It is a USB 2 hub!

So I've noticed that I was getting some errors (in the system tray) like:

"Device driver was not succesfully installed" and in the list: "USB 2.0
Hub" "Searching preconfigure d driver folders"

So I've read on the package (unknown chines brand) that the hub is
compatible with all but Vista!

What can I do?

If you had read the complete description (click to read more details),
you would have seen that there was no mention of it being
Vista-compatible.

Put it in the little round file under your desk and buy a new one that
IS Vista-compatible.