Old December 23rd 06, 01:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Gimli

Default problems with my USB devices such as flash disk and memory reader

I'm having a similar problem.

I'm running Vista Ultimate RTM x64. I used to be able to use my USB flash
drives without a problem but for whatever reason it stopped working in the
last couple of days.

The only change I figure could've caused that is that I bought a MS USB
keyboard and installed the 64-bit version of IntelliType Pro. The keyboard
still works fine, so is my MS wireless mouse (using a USB Bluetooth dongle)
but whenever I plug in a USB flash drive it gets power (the light turns on)
but Vista doesn't see it.

Again, the very same flash drives used to work fine on this very same system
a few days ago, both connected directly or using my USB 2.0 hub.

Now I'm tempted to uninstall Intellitype to see if I get the functionality
back...

Has anyone experienced this before and found a way around it?

"SOUTY" wrote:

windows can't recognize my USB devices it can't instal a driver although it
works without a driver in windows sp3
my vista is 32bit RTM
i have a mp3 player and memory reader