Old December 23rd 06, 05:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Theo

Default problems with my USB devices such as flash disk and memory rea

That's an excellent question. Although they have a certain
standard for the interface to communicate with a peripheral,
they could still have different methods of implementing that
interface and thus have slightly different driver
implementations. The software, or specifications, the
vendor would still be the responsible for supplying that to
Microsoft.

Raymond Lang wrote:
That brings up an interesting issue. Are the Microsoft USB drivers
universal in nature, or are they chipset specific. Since USB specifications
are written in stone, the theory is that they should work with any vendor's
chipset, unless the implementation of the standards include vendor-specific
code. The reason I ask is does anyone have 3gb in their systems with VIA or
Intel chipsets and aren't having a problem, or if people are having the same
issues, is there an issue with the Microsoft USB drivers themselves?