Old December 31st 06, 01:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
John Barnes

Default Booting

If you have burned the file as an .iso, the two possibilities I can think of
are that you need to burn the .iso at a slower speed, and that you have a
secondary listing in your BIOS that establishes which CD (in this case the
DVD) drive is actually used to boot from. In some BIOS you select the
priority of devices in one place and the priority of the individual devices
in a sub-list. i.e. removable devices (sub list 1 CD rom 2 DVD RW 3 DVD rom
etc.) another list would have the order of the HD's within the HD category.

"B Shealey" wrote in message
Ok, I have burned both the .iso file, and have used MagicISO to turn it
into
files and folders. I still cannot get it to boot with either of them. I
have setup the dvd drive as the first boot source in bios, but it will not
boot from cd. Thanks for your answers so far.