Old August 7th 08, 09:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Paul Montgomery

Default Driver needed for Minolta Dimage Scan Dual 3

On Thu, 7 Aug 2008 13:00:03 -0700, tombster
wrote:

I have this 35mm film/slide scanner that attaches with a USB cable that
works under XP but not Vista (64).

Vista can't find the driver even when I point to to it in the
Windows/system32/driver folder (usbscan.sys).

Is there something else I can use.

Vista reports an error when it tries to find the driver but the fix (64-bit
KB940199) suggested by "Problem Reports and Solutions" runs but gives a
message that the fix is not needed and aborts the install.

This film scanner is not that old and should run in 32bit mode if a driver
can be found.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sure!! We'll help you find a fix for your UNNAMED scanner. NO
PROBLEM.

Come back next year and see what the progress is.