Old August 8th 08, 09:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
huwyngr

Default HP All-in-one printers disappearing when there are changes in

I can't reach the HP Website at the moment -- we've just had a storm
and I think the cable got wet g

However go to

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/...isplay=drivers

and enter your model name Photosmart etc and then on the next page
enter VISTA (I presume) and look down the list of drivers and fixes for
one that is worded to stop repeated installations.

Ah -- got the

Critical update to prevent unexpected printer uninstall

Download that and install it. I suggest you SAVE the file when you
download it in a location you can get to and then right mouse click on
it and select Run as Administrator to install it.

Hope that fixes it

You might want to download and install:

Critical update for memory card file transfers on networked products
with Microsoft Vista

HP Printing Diagnostic Utility

Please let us know how you get on.