Which drivers for ATI Mobility 9000

Old October 1st 06, 12:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jo

Default Which drivers for ATI Mobility 9000

I have the onboard Mobility 9000 chip in my laptop and Vista does not install
specific drivers for it but detects it as a Standard VGA. I have found the
drivers for it in Vista and installed them, but find they test rather slow
when I run a diagnostic. Would it be better to install the WinXP drivers for
the chip? Or is that impossible or inadvisable due to the difference between
Vista and XP? Video drivers seem to be such a big problem that I wonder what
is being gained in Vista by changing the video system so much. I see no
improvement in the video display. Much grief would have been prevented by
just keeping the video system the same. I'd really like a good explanation
for the change...different doesn't always mean better.

Thanks to anyone with info on this.
Old October 4th 06, 12:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Rick Pedersen

Any info on this, I just installed RC1 and have a ATI 9100 IGP. ATI did not
have an updated driver for my version.

Thanks for any info

Old October 10th 06, 06:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
richjh

Default ati 9000 & Vista

I am also having problems finding a Vista driver.
Rich

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
Old October 10th 06, 07:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
richjh

Default vista driver for ati 9000

I also would like to find a Vista driver that works. Has someone found a driver that works?
Rich

http://www.eggheadcafe.com