IE7 and Duplex Printing on Vista

Old September 5th 07, 04:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
PA Bear

Default IE7 and Duplex Printing on Vista

Forwarded to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan newsgroup via
crosspost.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org

NLD Campbell wrote:
The printer is a Lexmark x9350 multi-function device with built-in duplex
unit. Since migrating to Vista I have been unable to use the automatic
duplex printing feature of the printer. Each time I try to print from IE,
receive an informational box from the Lexmark software telling me that I
will have to use the manual duplex method; which requires me to manually
reorient the paper in the tray to facilitate duplex print. This is
annoying
and counterproductive. I specifically bought this unit for automatic
duplexing.

I do not have this issue with any other program on this computer
(Vista/IE7). Only with IE. I do not have this issue with other computers
configured as XP/IE6 or XP/IE7. Unfortunately I do not have any other
printers to test with this computer (Vista/IE7). This seems to narrow the
issue down to Vista. Surprised? I have asked Lexmark for assistance
however
their analysis also yielded that Vista was the culprit therefore here I
am.

Any advise on IE settings I should investigate? I am happy to provide
additional information.

Old October 30th 07, 07:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
ndenni01

Pa Bear,

Have you heard anything like this before? No one has replied with any
information and I'm wondering what I should try next.

Nancy

Old December 26th 07, 03:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
ND Campbell

I'm still looking for resolution to this issue if anyone can help.
Old December 26th 07, 07:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Robert Aldwinckle

"ND Campbell" wrote in message
I'm still looking for resolution to this issue if anyone can help.

You are posting without quoting in a thread which is over 3 months old.
Be aware that most helpers use NNTP and typically have a much smaller
message cache than that. Nobody is going to know what "this issue" is about
and few are going to bother to do the search to find out, especially on
the cross-posted newsgroup:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...0-674728fc40b7

BTW I agree with PA Bear that you are more likely to get help from
Vista P F & S than from IE General, provided you make clear to them
what your problem is... ; ) Also, since you claim that

quote
I do not have this issue with any other program on this computer
(Vista/IE7). Only with IE.
/quote

does this mean that you can print from Windows Mail?
If so, why not send your files to it first (e.g., using Alt-F,e,P)
and then print from it? eg

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Old December 26th 07, 02:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Ken Blake, MVP

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 03:54:28 -0500, "Robert Aldwinckle"
wrote:

"ND Campbell" wrote in message
I'm still looking for resolution to this issue if anyone can help.

You are posting without quoting in a thread which is over 3 months old.
Be aware that most helpers use NNTP and typically have a much smaller
message cache than that. Nobody is going to know what "this issue" is about
and few are going to bother to do the search to find out, especially on
the cross-posted newsgroup:

I, for one, have no idea what it's about, and wouldn't even if the
thread were only a day or two old. Once I read a message here, it's
gone, and I don't see it again. *Many* newsgroup participants work
similarly, and that's why it's so important to always quote, so the
message has enough information to be read and understood by itself,
without reference to another message which may or may be available to
the person reading.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Old December 26th 07, 11:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
ND Campbell

I'm sorry if I'm not very proficient in this process. I've cut and pasted the
original issue into this reply below and will do the same to the cross post.
As to your question, automatic duplex printing does work successfully from
all programs on the computer (including Windows Mail) except IE. I will take
your suggestion under advisement, however would prefer a solution which
provides the functionality as expected.

----------------------
The printer is a Lexmark x9350 multi-function device with built-in duplex
unit. Since migrating to Vista I have been unable to use the automatic duplex
printing feature of the printer. Each time I try to print from IE, I receive
an informational box from the Lexmark software telling me that I will have to
use the manual duplex method; which requires me to manually reorient the
paper in the tray to facilitate duplex print. I specifically bought this unit
for automatic duplexing and find the manual duplex counterproductive and
annoying.

I do not have this issue with any other program on this computer. Only with
Vist/IE7. I do not have this issue with other computers configured as XP/IE6
or XP/IE7. Unfortunately I do not have any other printers to test with this
computer (Vista/IE7). This seems to narrow the issue down to Vista.
Surprised? I have asked Lexmark for assistance however their analysis also
yielded that Vista was the culprit therefore here I am.

Any advice on IE settings I should investigate? I am happy to provide
additional information.

---------------

Old December 27th 07, 02:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
PA Bear

Is this printer and duplex printing supported in Vista?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

ND Campbell wrote:
I'm sorry if I'm not very proficient in this process. I've cut and pasted
the original issue into this reply below and will do the same to the cross
post.

----------------------
The printer is a Lexmark x9350 multi-function device with built-in duplex
unit. Since migrating to Vista I have been unable to use the automatic
duplex printing feature of the printer. Each time I try to print from IE,
I receive an informational box from the Lexmark software telling me that I
will have to use the manual duplex method; which requires me to manually
reorient the paper in the tray to facilitate duplex print. I specifically

Old December 27th 07, 06:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
ND Campbell

I'm not sure how to find out the answer to that question. But I do know that
I already downloaded the Vista updates for this printer from Lexmark and they
are on the computer. A query to Lexmark resulted in them telling me it should
work and to contact Microsoft. In addition, the automatic duplexing feature
is working with Vista for all other programs EXCEPT IE7.

Old December 28th 07, 12:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
PA Bear

= Does this behavior persist if you start IE7 in No Add-ons mode? To start
IE7 in No Add-ons mode:

1. Right-click on the blue IE desktop icon and select Start without Add-ons;

2. Start (All) Programs Accessories System Tools Internet Explorer
(No add-ons).

= Does the problem persist if you Reset IE7 Settings (RIES)?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737 = Read before using!