Old January 2nd 07, 01:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Theo

Default Booting

If you used some utility to pull the files out of the .ISO
and then burned them to a DVD as data, you will NEVER be
able to install Vista from that DVD!

..ISO files are mirror images of the original disc. The only
thing you do with such a file is "Burn Image to Disc" for it
to work properly. When you 'Burn Image to Disc" the
original structure of the DVD is mirrored to your disc,
exactly as it was on the original. Most of the time when
you "extract" files from a .ISO you do not get the boot
files because they are hidden. Even if you do happen to be
able to extract the boot files, if you do not specifically
select the option to make a bootable disc and specify the
appropriate parameters, it will not be constructed correctly
to be able to boot from it.

B Shealey wrote:
I want to do a clean install of rc1. I have used MagicISO to unmount the file
and have burned it to a DVD. Porblem is, my computer will not boot off the
DVD. ANy suggestions?