Old August 27th 08, 12:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Malke[_2_]

Default Vista ultimate 64bit and WD Mionet doesn't work together.

mkool wrote:

Ok past some years I was using the XP 32bit pro and last year I have
bought a WD My Book world (network external hard drive). I used it well
till I changed to Vista Ultimate 64bit. The problem is I have saved over
500GB of data, those data that I can't access them because SW
compatible(Mionet) issue. When I tried to install the mionet but error
said mionet program is not compatible and I send a email to WD but they
said the My Book World is not compatible with Windows 64-bit. So I'm in
the dead water..I need to access to those files from it.

I don't have clue how to resolve this. I don't have enough hard drive
space to make a dual boot.

If WD says their hardware won't work on a 64-bit operating system, that's
the end of that story. I can think of only two ways around the problem:

1. Connect your My Book World to a computer running a 32-bit operating
system and start burning DVDs.

2. Boot your current system with a Linux Live CD like Knoppix with the
external hard drive attached and use K3b to burn DVDs.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!