Old August 27th 08, 06:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
MioKitty

Default Vista ultimate 64bit and WD Mionet doesn't work together.

mkool;820954 Wrote:
Ok past some years I was using the XP 32bit pro and last year I have
bought
a WD My Book world (network external hard drive). I used it well till I
changed to Vista Ultimate 64bit. The problem is I have saved over 500GB
of
data, those data that I can't access them because SW compatible(Mionet)
issue. When I tried to install the mionet but error said mionet program
is
not compatible and I send a email to WD but they said the My Book World
is
not compatible with Windows 64-bit. So I'm in the dead water..I need to
access to those files from it.

I don't have clue how to resolve this. I don't have enough hard drive
space
to make a dual boot.

Anyone sucessfully solved this problem?

You should be able to login on 'MioNet| Your personal private network
for PC remote access, webcam access software, backup, and file sharing'
(http://www.MioNet.com) and access your files, provided your My Book
World is on the internet; currently MioNet does not work with Vista or
XP 64-bit (the installer actually will detect the OS type and not allow
the installation), but we are working on both a 64-bit and a Mac Client.
MioNet Web does not provide the drive-letter access the Client does, but
it will work for your purposes. It is also dependant on your Internet
Connection, since it is going over the Web instead of through your local
network.

You should be able to access your file system from \\MyBookWorld or
\\ipaddress (if you know the IP), use the PUBLIC folder; MioNet does
make some folders that are MioNet-only, however, so you may not see your
files using this method.

If you provide me with your email address I can create a ticket for
you. It sounds as though you never made it to MioNet support.

--
MioKitty