Old September 2nd 08, 12:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
tdjolliff

Default How to make files inaccessable from another computer on a network

results, please visit http://www.vistax64.com/showthread.php?t=178717
Question: Vista better than XP?

- Yes
- No, (insert rant here)!!!!
- Undecided (translation: still in package)
- Gates is watching me and im afraid to answer (vista users)

because this is the only computer i have its on this computer that im
using now and as for the permissions perhaps im trying to set the wrong
ones because when i set permissions in one it for some reason changes it
in all of the users including non network users (me) anyway theres no
workstation to move them to

as for network admins perhaps im more of an idiot than i thought
because the other computers on the network have xp and are most of the
time not on the admin accounts so i wouldnt think they would be network
admins bnut perhaps i need a better definition

what is the group or user i would need to restrict permissions to?
where can i find a list of users running arround my computer assuming
they are not in the list by default? if they are not on the lisst by
defaul in what way should i enter the computer name is it like i would
for mapping a drive or like logging into their machine?

*sigh* i want my private button back

--
tdjolliff