2 GB sd card problem

Old February 20th 08, 05:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JW

Default 2 GB sd card problem

Can you reformat the drive in Fat32 format by going to my
computer/manage/storage?
wrote in message
Same problem here. Only, I'm running Windows XP Pro on HP Pavilion
dv4000 with the built in card reader. No probs with numerous other
cards. JUST bought this Sandisk 2 gb SD card at Walgreens for $20. I
thought it was a steal, but now second guessing.
I have done everything mentioned here, as well.
I tried recovery program and it wasn't even readable as a logical
drive OR a physical drive.
Bummer. Help if you can. Hopefully I can find the package and take it
back for a working GENERIC 1gb SD!

Thanks,
musicnoter

On Dec 31 2007, 6:08 pm, Thomas
wrote:
Reference Microsoft Article KB939772. I'm running VISTA Ultimate and this
fix resolve mySDreadproblems.

"Greg" wrote:
I have noticed several others with this same problem, but there doesnt
seem
to be a well defined solution that I have found yet.

Here is my problem: I have a2GBsdcard(San Disk). Thecardworks fine
in my Palm TX as well as on Windows XP machines and shows up as
having2GBof
storage. However, thecarddoes not show up when I try to use it with my
Laptop which runs Vista Home Premium. When I go to select thecard, it
says
that it needs to be formatted. When I go ahead andformatit, only 969MB
of
space is remaining. After it formats, it works like it should, only with
half the storage capacity.

I canformatit back to 2 GB in my Palm TX, but then I'm back at square
one.

Has anyone found a solution for this problem? I just want to use my2GB
cardwith my laptop.

This is driving me crazy. Hence I have tried many ways to fix this:
1. The Panasonicsdcardformatter
2. The toshibasdcardformatter
3. Downloading thesdhotfix from microsoft KB936825
4. Numerous other attempts

Nothing works and thecardwill not work without formatting it down to
969mb.

----------------
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
"I
this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...us/default...-

Old March 16th 08, 03:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
spydermark

"Greg" wrote:
[...]

This issue now plagues me too. A simple task now has me on a wild goose
chase.
My XP unit reads all my 2GB SD cards fine.
My Vista Ultimate workstation did too earlier this year and now it wants to
format all my cards and understands the media just under 1GB as all the above
posts.
I filled out the form ref. KB939772 however there is no yellow question
mark. I can create one by uninstalling the driver
I have a Lexar USB media card reader and when moved from my Vista Ultimate
workstation to my XP machine reads the entire volume of 2GB which indicates
the issue to be machine/OS specific.

I potentially could contribute this to a deletion of my DRM folder as I used
this to fix and issue my Zune to resolve missing album art which it didn’t
but it did disable my media center A&E channel. I was able to resolved the
media rights by re instating the DRM folder per the MS troubleshooting steps.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Old March 17th 08, 10:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
[email protected]

"Greg" wrote:
[...]

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...efault....Hide quoted text -

Same here. I have HP dv4000, Just bought Samsung L730 digital camera
with 1gb and 2gb SD card. The 1gb reads in the reader OK, the 2gb says
its not formatted and wont format. The card works fine in the camera
and when connected by USB. but would like to be able to use directly
through the card reader. Anyone one with a solution...PLEASE
Old June 26th 08, 03:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Snert51

I am Having the same problem with a Samsung Phone/MP3 player. 1gb card works
fine, 2gb card says that it needs fotmatted. has anybody come up with a
solution that works.

Old May 8th 09, 04:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
SciteachUK

Bought a Canon camera and installed a 2GB card, which was read by PC. Bought
a new memory card on holiday in Rio, now can't access my camera, or
associated software, on my PC. My son has a PC without Vista and it picks up
the camera and card. ONly way in is through my HP printer which has a card
readr slot. Means I can download the card, but not through the software and
so can't organise photos as before problem.

On Control Panel, problem icon showed that the the make of memeory card is
conflicting with Windows, but the company is not intending to find a solution
to this in the near future!!

Canon seem confused by the problem as well as, on returning the camera to
them they only cleaned and checked it and didn't seem to know about the
memory card problem.

Didn't know that this has been going on for 2 years. Motorola phone isn't
picked up either.

Old May 8th 09, 04:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Gordon[_9_]

"SciteachUK" wrote in message
news
[...]

Are you sure that the card is not an SDHC card as opposed to a plain SD
card?
AFAIK you need a special SDHC card reader - built-in card slots may not read
SDHC cards...

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Old May 8th 09, 04:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
SciteachUK

That's interesting because Comet told me I would need an SDHC card to work
on Vista! The camera reads it fine, but I have just had an e-mail from Canon
and have now connected the camera and getting the old 2GB to pick up again,
but having to reload the software as it decided not to work. Can't seem to
get it right. Will let you know how I get on.

Old May 9th 09, 08:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
SciteachUK

After removing the /bison webcam, removing the camera (i it showed indevices,
reoading the software about 3 times I know have access back to my camera and
the Canon software on all memory cards. Canon help where the best in the end
as they talked through how to reattach the camera, although there is a slight
problem with their browser software.

Good luck sorting out your problems.