Keyboard skipping tet like boardkey

Old September 12th 07, 10:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Muhith

Default Keyboard skipping tet like boardkey

I have a strange keyboard problem with Vista Home Premium on a Dell Inspiron
700m Laptop, as when I type the cursor seems to randomly skip to earlier
parts of the text. This is very annoying and makes worse of my typos. I can't
see any solution for this. I have uninstalled the Standard Microsoft Natural
PS/2 keyboard to no effect. If I go back to my XP Pro partition, running XP
Pro, all is fine. Nothing on Dell site either. I know that people are having
problems e help Micrlike this. Pleasosoft! (You know what I mean - look at
the last sentence above, how do I run Vista like this?)
Old September 12th 07, 01:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mark Bourne

Muhith wrote:
I have a strange keyboard problem with Vista Home Premium on a Dell Inspiron
700m Laptop, as when I type the cursor seems to randomly skip to earlier
parts of the text. This is very annoying and makes worse of my typos. I can't
see any solution for this. I have uninstalled the Standard Microsoft Natural
PS/2 keyboard to no effect. If I go back to my XP Pro partition, running XP
Pro, all is fine. Nothing on Dell site either. I know that people are having
problems e help Micrlike this. Pleasosoft! (You know what I mean - look at
the last sentence above, how do I run Vista like this?)

I have that problem sometimes using laptop keyboards with a touchpad
below the keyboard. I find that my wrists and thumbs tap the touchpad as
I'm typing, which is treated as a click. It is sometimes, but not
always, possible to disable this feature so that tapping the touchpad is
not treated as a click. Look in the options in Control Panel Mouse.
Whether or not there is an option to disable this feature depends on the
manufacturer. Alternative solutions are to use an external keyboard,
or make sure you don't touch the touchpad while typing.
Old September 13th 07, 05:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Muhith

I am certain I am not hitting the Touchpad as I am a mostly 2 finger typer.
Also I cannot see any CP option to disable the Touchpad.

Old September 13th 07, 05:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
jonathan perreault

usually there is a shortcut on on keyboard it self me if i press fn f7 it
will deactivate it

--
Jonathan Perreault

Personnal Advice To You:
#1: Do Not Undermine Windows's Work, Or It'll Undermine You As A User.
#2: Torture Windows (Any) Now Before It Tortures You

Best Comments From Users:
No Matter The Problem Even With Linux, It's Microsoft's And Windows's Faults

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Old September 13th 07, 12:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mark Bourne

It's not always possible to disable tap=click on the touchpad, it
depends on the manufacturer. I wouldn't suggest disabling the touchpad
completely unless there is an easy way to re-enable it (eg. a keyboard
shortcut as Jonathan Perreault described) as without it you effectively
have no mouse (unless you use an external one.

If you are definitely not even slightly brushing the touchpad with your
wrists (some are quite sensitive), then there may well be another
problem somewhere. The first thing I'd suggest doing is looking on
Dell's web site to see if there are updated drivers for your touchpad.
If there is a problem they may have fixed it already.

You could also try contacting Dell - they may already be aware of a
problem, or may be in a better position to suggest a fix.

Apart from that I can't think of anything else to suggest. Please do
post back here to let us all know how you get on - if you fix it, the
information might help others, if not, someone else here may be able to
suggest something else to try.

Mark.

Old September 14th 07, 12:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Muhith

Interestingly enough Dell did suggest I install an update for the Synaptics
Pointing Device and my problems appears to be better off, although Dell does
not claim that this is a known issue. However, as my unit is still under
warranty Dell is sending out a techo to replace my Touch Pad, just to
eliminate any h/w issues. I still claim that I am not touching the Touch Pad.
I will see what comes next after the replacement.

Old October 16th 07, 09:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
John

I am having the exact same problem, except that I have a Sony Vaio
VGN-TXN15P. The keyboard works perfectly fine on XP, but when we installed
the Vista Business upgrade (provided by Sony), we are experiencing the same
problem where the keyboard skips letters when we type. I am 100% positive
that this problem is not being caused by my fingers touchig the touchpad
since we have disabled that feature.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Old October 18th 07, 04:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Bonnie

I am having exactly the same problem on my Gateway notebook, I even removed
the keyboard device and reinstalled it and then recalibrated my battery since
some of them were recalled and I still have both same problems i started out
with. Any answers anywhere?

Old October 18th 07, 09:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Computer & Sound System Tech

it depends on what you use it on, i noticed that some site have horrible key
rate you practicaly have to type very slowly to type completly, now if you
are talking about in vista, then i would suggest going to bios/cmos and
making sure your keyboard is set at the fastest setting.

--
Licensed Boating Capt. Jonathan Perreault
http://www.AllAboutGames.BraveHost.com

Best Comments From Users:
Vista is satan's way to bring hell to earth. -Me

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Web

No Matter The Problem Even With Linux, It's Microsoft's And Windows's
Faults -Everyone

Old April 7th 09, 05:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
jhutsko

Hi - I have a new Sony Vaio VGN-Z520N laptop, and it is also skipping
letters when I type. It seems to be whenever I am online. Is there a
conflict in the software of Vista that interrupts the keyboard
connectivity to the internet? I have tried another Sony and returned
it, as I had the same problem. I really believe this is not the laptop
or the keyboard, but something else that is causing this issue.

Anyone know how I can get this fixed? From others' posts, it is
happening on Vista software....

Thanks.

Jennifer.

--