Old September 18th 08, 07:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Nogginsaked

Default vista x64 will not boot from hard drive, restore, or from dvd driv

I believe there is no user access to this sealed design.
I hope you are under warranty and have your sales slip.
I suspect that the power supply is malfunctioning.
In a regular box you can see this if the power supply is not signaling the
motherboard that there is adequate power to proceed with the boot process.
However as this is a unique HP designed system it could be any number of
things . . .