Old September 18th 08, 08:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_4_]

Default Microsoft Laser Mouse 8000 Cradle Problems

The problem with the red light appears to be due to a unchangeable battery
or to the battery not making a good connection within the mouse itself and
therefore will not charge. One user has reported that just rolling the
battery in the mouse around that it apparently made a better connection and
the red light went away.
"dfoster" wrote in message

I have recently had this probelm after my son start playing with my
mouse. I tried replacing the battery but that resulted in the same
problem of the red light flashing after a minute or so.

I checked the drivers on the keyboard the charger and the mouse and
they were not changed. So I decided to re-connect my mouse and keyboard.
This seems to have stopped the problem where the mouse would charge for
a minute or so and then start to blink red.

--
dfoster
dfoster's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/dfoster.htm

http://forums.techarena.in