WMP 11 and vista streaming

Old September 15th 07, 07:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
a.j.

Default WMP 11 and vista streaming

I bought a new laptop with vista premium, wmp 11 preinstalled, and now when I
try to stream wmv files in a webpage it plays audio fine, but the video is
playing at 0.1 frames...however this only happens on certain wmv
files...example: http://video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm?f=msnhome...this video is
unwatchable! What can I do? Please Help!!!
Old September 15th 07, 11:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
RESCUEBOY112

i have the same problem with some webradio stations and video streaming i
updated my codec's bud it dident help it still not working

Old September 16th 07, 10:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
a.j.[_2_]

This is ridiculous, I had xp on my other computer, no problems like this, it
would play anything...vista is obviously the problem! Anybody from M$ wanna
help me and it sounds like alot of other people? Please...

Old September 16th 07, 07:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Charles

Have the same problem and have been struggling with it for a couple of
months. Have tried everything, that I can think of..can't seem to adjust the
display accelaration, which I think could help me...that facility is not
avalible in Vista as it is in XP.....could really need some
guidance.....thanks in advance.

P.S. has previously been able to stream videos, might have made chances in
the set-up of the WMP.

Old September 16th 07, 08:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
dean-dean

Try this. Right-click Command Prompt (using the shortcut in Start
Menu\Programs\Accessories), choose Run as Administrator. Type the
following, pressing Enter after each entry:

regsvr32 wmp.dll

regsvr32 wmpdxm.dll

Also check in Control Panel Default Programs Set your Default Programs,
and make sure Windows Media Player has its defaults when you click on
"Choose defaults for this program."

Then try a site that uses the embedded WMP.

Old September 17th 07, 11:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
a.j.[_2_]

Contacted M$, they cannot help me fix this problem, unless they charge me
$59.95...for software that should work! Obviously I am not the only one with
this problem...

Old September 20th 07, 04:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
zachd [MSFT]

Registering wmp.dll on Vista will break some things... please don't do that.
(The RGS script you're using is for XP usage, Vista uses manifest-based
registration.)

--
Speaking for myself only.

Old September 20th 07, 01:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
a.j.[_2_]

Well h3ll, now what am I supposed to do if I already did this boneheaded
suggestion? I am new to Vista, and someone tries to help me, an I possibly
got something messed up...did I just permanently harm my computer? Can I fix
this problem or not? With the playing videos I got it narrowed down...certain
video sizes (right click in video/properties) wont play...example:
320x240,352x240,424x240,512x384, plays very choppy video, with perfect sound,
while on the same page a different video size (480x360,384x288,400x300) will
play perfect! What could be the problem here?