Old January 5th 07, 06:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Nina DiBoy

Default Vista...? Proceed with caution!

Troy McClure wrote:
not really. doesnt have too much to do with the os. its the file type
and media thats involved

While that may or may not be the case, try running a media center
without content protection. I use this at home and because there is no
content protection software in my setup, everything just works and I
have no idea if the channel or program I am watching at any given time
is content protected. It all just works and setup was a breeze.

Mythdora:
http://www.mythpvr.com/mythtv/mythdo...all/howto.html

"Alias" wrote in message
Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin] wrote:
Apple also uses DRM in their software, how you think they got
Hollywood and the Music Industry to sell their stuff through through
the iTunes Store? Also, Apple also locks into its own DRM technology
for example the proprietary AAC codec the iPod uses.

I guess that leaves Linux.

Alias

--
Priceless quotes in m.p.w.vista.general group:
http://protectfreedom.tripod.com/kick.html

"Good poets borrow; great poets steal."
- T. S. Eliot