Old October 8th 08, 02:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
damocles[_9_]

Default Dell - flashing amber light before post

My mates Dell precision 690 workstation suffers from the dreaded
flashing amber light with diagnostic error code 1 and 3 before post.

It won't boot at all - just the flashing amber light starts when you
turn it on.

According to other websites this seems to indicate a power failure of
some description. Has anyone resolved this issue with Dells...next stage
is probably an RMA - but my friend would appreciate any* first hand
*advice ( not stuff copied off the web as we've seen most of what the
web has to offer with no success ) before having to do return it......

Thanks in advance

Chris,

BTW....I didn't touch it!

--