Old October 13th 08, 04:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Default Problems with Lexmark X4530 Wireless printer

Determine the IP of the NIC on the printer, then create a Standard TCP/IP
port targeting the IP. Set the printer to the new port.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

vistageek wrote in message ...
I have a Lexmark X4530 Wireless printer and i am trying to connect it to
my Hp laptop with Vista using my Netgear wireless router.It connects to the
laptop but when i try to print something it just makes a folder in the C
drive and makes a file in it and does not print anything.The printer works
when i use the USB cable but when it does not when i try do it without the
cable with wifi.DO i need any USB wireless adapter for it or something or
do i need to fix something in the laptop.