Old November 4th 08, 11:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen

Default The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your us

I'm going to make a guess as to what the problem is, but next time
please submit a verbatim copy of the error message, which you can do
by right-clicking on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here.
We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.

Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers.
Uncheck the box for "Log on using Secure Password Authentication."

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"Invalid credentials. 7if250300eyb.3" Invalid credentials. wrote in message
Hi, same problem here. Nothing to do with 3rd party software. There
practically nothing installed on my pc : vista, windows defender & security
center, no virus scanning and IMAP thru gmail.
Still same problems.
error message :
The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your user name and
password are correct.
Invalid credentials. 7if250300eyb.3

the code at the back changes with every pop-up.