Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista A forum for performance and maintenance tasks in Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintainance)

MSVBVM50.dll Problem

Old September 24th 07, 08:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
KillerK

Default MSVBVM50.dll Problem

Hi there,
I have just installed a program and everytime I try to run it, I get an
error saying that MSVBVM50.dll is required. I do not know what that is. Is
there anyway I can get the program to run? I have already tried compatibility
mode but that does not seem to help.

Thanks!
Old September 24th 07, 09:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
dean-dean

If you have access to a computer running Windows XP, you can Copy the file
msvbvm50.dll from C:\WINDOWS\system32\, and Paste it into the same folder as
the program's .exe file that requires it, for example, put it in C:\Program
Files\ MyProgram, if the MyProgram folder contains MyProgram.exe. It
shouldn't have to be put in Vista's C:\WINDOWS\system32\...

If you don't have access to an XP computer, go to
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/172991/EN-US/ , and download
http://activex.microsoft.com/controls/vb5/MSVBVM50.CAB . You can then
extract the file from msvbvm50.cab, and place in the folder as noted above.

Old October 17th 07, 06:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Naturewoman

I am having the same problem. I downloaded the MSVBVM50.dll file but can't
seem to extract it. I don't have a C:\Program
Files\ MyProgram, so tried to extract it into Vista's C:\WINDOWS\system32\,
but a window showed saying "access denied". Any help will be apreciated!
Thanks.

Old October 18th 07, 02:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
dean-dean

Try downloading MSVBVM50.CAB to your desktop, double-click on MSVBVM50.CAB,
then drag msvbvm50.dll out of the MSVBVM50.CAB "folder" to your desktop.
Right-click on msvbvm50.dll, choose Cut, and Paste it into the same folder
as the .exe file (program) that needs it.

Old October 4th 08, 12:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Hector Ch.

This solve the problem for me thank you.
I extracted it to desktop, copied it to the download folder and install the
program that was there.
Thanks a lot!

Old February 10th 09, 11:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
neu

I am having the same problem. I downloaded the MSVBVM50.dll file but dunno
where to paste it because i am installing a screensaver and it not showing
the target folder.
type of file - application.exe
description - install screensaver
Old March 25th 09, 03:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
DLL

i have the same problem whith DataStufion program i've downloaded the missing
DLL but still not working

Old November 3rd 09, 08:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Paulsmt

Even better, copy Both files contained within
http://activex.microsoft.com/controls/vb5/MSVBVM50.CAB
to the desktop.
Right click on the MSVBVM50,inf Setup File, and click on Install.
(The Setup File has a picture with one gear, the other file has 2 gears.)
Now any program that needs it should run fine.