Old November 20th 08, 02:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
civ2ru

Default LCD screen of laptop needs to "warm up"?

Thank you for taking the time to reply!

By blank I mean pitch black, not lit up (although the computer itself is
active). In the past there have been occasional times when it'd just go very
dark and I could still see content, but not lately.

I've been guessing that it had more to do with the connection than the
screen itself, because as I mentioned that once it lights up it works
consistently. Tried not closing the lid for shutdown or sleep and haven't had
the problem yesterday... Of course, the lid's gonnna have to come down
eventually, so I would like a more permanent solution. Any ideas?

"spamme0" wrote:

What's your definition of "blank"?
Is it dark? Lit up, but solid color? Lit up, as evidenced by light
leaking at the edges, but otherwise black?
If it's dark, have you put the head of a flashlight right down on the
display to
see if maybe there's content, but not lit up?