Old November 29th 08, 08:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
GWL

Default All USB ports lost, HELP

I posted this request in the only thread I could find on this problem, but
nobody reponed, So I am trying here in a new request. Thursday afternoon, my
computer suddenly issued a series of USB port unplugging sounds.
Investigation has revealed that none of the USB ports on my machine are
functioning. No USB printer, keyboard or mouse (without PS/2). There were
five windows displayed with the following message: "One of the USB devices
attached to this computer has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize
it." Occasionally when I try to plug in a device, while no plugging sound is
issued, the malfunction message will be displayed.
I have gone to the earliest restore point and that did not work. I have
un-installed all USB drivers in Device Manager and after Windows re-installed
them the Devices still do not work. Windows only returns the malfunction
message when
plugged in. Help, I have no clue as to what happened here.